David A. Sprecace practices I.R.S., Colorado, and Municipal tax controversy and litigation in Denver, Colorado. He was born on a U.S. Army base in Frankfurt, Germany in 1961, raised in Connecticut, and lived in Arizona, Nebraska, and Florida before moving to Colorado in 1992. He and his wife, Siobhan, and daughter, Giorgia, are residents of Englewood, Colorado.
In 1979, Sprecace graduated from Saint Bernard High School in Uncasville, Connecticut. He received his B.A. in Political Science from the University of Arizona in 1984, and was active in campus activities including Arizona Wildcat Rugby and Tau Kappa Epsilon fraternity.
In 1986, he moved to Omaha, Nebraska to attend Creighton University School of Law, where he received his J.D. in 1989. He was a member of the Creighton Law Review, and clerked in the legal department of Northwestern Bell Telephone Company until graduating.
In 1989, he moved to Florida and began his career practicing insurance-defense law. In 1992, he came to Denver to attend the Graduate Tax Program at the Denver University College of Law, and graduated with an LL.M. (Taxation) in 1993.
Since 1993, he has defended taxpayers from the I.R.S. and the Colorado Department of Revenue, and advocated the claims and defenses of his business clients. He is a member of the Colorado, Florida, and Nebraska bar associations, and is licensed to practice before the U.S. Tax Court, the 9th and 10th Circuit Courts of Appeals, and several other federal courts.
David A. Sprecace has been active in the Colorado Bar Association and in civic groups, and has served on various boards and commissions in the following capacities:
- Associate Judge, City of Englewood, Colorado, 2004-present
- Vice Chair, Colorado Bar Association Tax Section Executive Council, and member since 2014
- Chair, Colorado Bar Association Solo & Small Firm Section Executive Council, 2012-2013, and member since 2010
- Colorado Bar Association Board of Governors representative for the Solo and Small Firm Section, 2014-2022
- Vice-Chair, Englewood Board of Adjustment and Appeals, 2003-2014
- Member, Colorado Board of Health, 2001-2008
- President, Lincoln Club of Colorado, 2004-2007, 2009
- Secretary, City Club of Denver, 2002-2004
- Director, Community College of Denver Foundation, 2001-2003
- Director, Metro Wastewater Reclamation District, 2002
- President, Greater Denver Tax Counsel Association, 2002
- Secretary/Treasurer, SAFE Colorado, 1999-2001
- Founder, David A. Sprecace, P.C., January 4, 1998
- 1993 LL.M. (Taxation), University of Denver College of Law
- 1989 Creighton Law School, Law Review, 1987-89, Case note published
- Admitted to practice law in Colorado, Florida, and Nebraska, the U.S. Tax Court, the Federal District Courts in Colorado, Middle District of Florida, and Nebraska, and the 9th and 10th Circuit Courts of Appeals